As a leading snow removal service company in Grand Rapids and surrounding areas, we guarantee you our company knows the fundamentals about the snow landscape. However, we understand we are not the only snow removal service company in the area; that’s why we want to make sure you ask the right questions to the right people in the industry when signing on with a company.
Sneller Snow Services has over 30 years of experience in the snow and ice management industry, and we have been asked many questions by our clients. As the first snowfall continues to inch closer, make sure to ask these four questions to differentiate top snow removal companies from substandard businesses:
What kind of experience do you have in my area?
All snow removal companies actively serve different areas, as well as provide a unique subset of services to their clients. Make sure to understand whether the company has serviced your location for years or is new to serving the area. If you invest in a snow removal company, you want to make sure the company has experience and offers services you are interested in.
In addition to asking the company about their experience in the area, ask a follow-up question about their current sidewalk and commercial services. Understand if the company provides neighborhood and commercial services by asking if they offer the following:
- Sidewalk Snow Removal & Shoveling Services
- Commercial Snow Plowing
- Snow Relocation & Hauling
- Ice Management & Deicing
How do your professionals prepare for the winter season?
Some snow removal companies and contractors take the time to assess your property for snow removal needs; most do not. When you ask a company about their winter preparation process, you will get an idea of how much they care about their customers and provide good service. Before the winter season, make sure to have a conversation regarding the company’s preparation and operation with these conversation starters:
- Can I expect a thorough assessment of my property and its snow removal needs? Does your company provide a pre-season walk-through?
- What exactly does your company’s snow operation involve?
- If there is severe weather, will my property still be plowed?
- How often will my property be plowed?
- When should I expect your professional team to plow my property?
- Does your company provide an overall “Snow Response” Plan?
What certification(s) does your company hold?
Few Michigan snow management contractors go through the certification process. Make sure the contractor or company you sign on with has these certifications:
- SN 9001: Certification that limits slip-and-fall litigations
- ASCA-C: Certification granted to contractors who complete a series of education-based courses
- CSP: Certification granted to companies who complete program directed by the Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA)
Who are some of your current clients in the area?
All contractors and companies should be able to provide you will a list of current clients. Ask the company if they have references and whether you can contact them about their snow removal work. Talking with current clients will give you a good understanding of the company’s business model and if their service aligns with what you are looking for.
As you begin to ask these questions to the top snow removal companies in your area, make sure to contact us or read more about our snow removal services online. As we service Grand Rapids and all surrounding areas year-round, we have what you are looking for! Make sure your property is free of snow this winter by signing on with Snow Sneller Services, today.