Winter Property Management Tips: Michigan Snow & Ice ManagementFebruary 18, 2016
6 Questions To Ask If Considering Snow Removal Services in 2017March 29, 2016
The 2015-16 winter might feel like it’s coming to an end, but we know from past storms in Grand Rapids that it isn’t necessarily over yet. However, as February wraps up, it feels like a perfect time to evaluate how your snow removal company is doing. Here are 5 ways to know if you hired the best snow removal company this year by asking these questions:
- Was the snow from your property promptly removed after the storm? That’s the obvious question, but we would take it one step further – did your snow removal company proactively treat your property before the first flake of snow even hit the ground? That’s a big difference in our book. Snow plow companies that wait for at least 2 inches of snow to fall before ever coming to your property are putting you at risk for costly ice related incidents.
- Did your snow removal company communicate with you before, during and after the storm? You should expect frequent and clear communications from your snow management company so you know exactly what is happening on your property. As a business owner, you should never be wondering if your snow plow company has been on your site or not yet. These days it’s reasonable to expect to know every detail of your snow removal plan and execution.
- Did your snow removal company have the equipment needed to stay ahead of the storm? It’s one thing to own a few snow plows, but true snow removal professionals have equipment to pre-treat parking lots with liquid deicer, they have front end loaders and dump trucks to relocate snow piles when needed and they have extra wide snow pushers for covering large surface areas in a snap.
- Did your contract cover every detail of your services without surprises? Your snow removal contract should have been complete and not hastily thrown together. And hopefully you DID sign a contract. Professional snow removal is nothing to take lightly – make sure your business receives the risk management services provided by the best snow removal contractors.
- Would you recommend your snow removal company to other business owners? That’s really the bottom line, isn’t it? Were your services so reliable and effective that you would share their name with others?
Where we are located in Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan snow removal is an essential part of every business plan. At Sneller Snow & Grounds, we know that, so we focus on snow removal 12 months a year. That’s right – 12 months a year. Why? Because during the warmer months, we are able to re-evaluate our systems, make lot improvement recommendations, provide training, renew certifications, execute route planning dry runs and do important equipment maintenance.
If you have any questions or if you would like to explore Sneller for Lansing or Grand Rapids snow removal services, please contact us today!